A new statewide project is calling attention to an aspect of moving children into foster care that’s often overlooked–that is, carrying belongings in something other than a grocery bag or trash bag.
“Carry-On” will collect new and gently-used bags and suitcases for children in foster care across the state.
NAME OF PROGRAM
- New and gently-used duffel bags, backpacks and suitcases to distribute to children in need.
- Personal items to put in the bags, like toothbrushes, soap, disposable cameras and stuffed animals.
- Don’t forget items for the winter, such as socks, hats, gloves and scarves.
STATEWIDE: West Virginia State Police Detachments
• Children’s Home Society, 445 Winchester Avenue, Martinsburg, WV
• Safe Haven Child Advocacy Center, 445 Winchester Avenue, Martinsburg, WV
• Boone County Child Advocacy Center, 331 State St., Room 403, Madison, WV
• Child & Youth Advocacy Center, 212 W Washington, Lewisburg, WV
• Comfort House, 2436 Pennsylvania Ave., Suite 2, Weirton, WV
• Harrison County Child Advocacy Center, 427 West Pike Street, Clarksburg, WV
• Jefferson County DHHR Office
• Children’s Home Society, 1145 Greenbrier Street, Charleston, WV
• City of Charleston, City Hall, 501 Virginia Street, East, Charleston, WV
• Clayman & Associates, 1097 Fledderjohn Road, Charleston, WV
• Kanawha County DHHR Office
• Kanawha Co. Sheriff’s Department, 409 Virginia Street, East, Charleston, WV
• Chelyan Detachment, 200 Upper Kanawha Valley Way, Cabin Creek, WV
• Cross Lanes Detachment, 121 B Goff Mountain Rd., Cross Lanes, WV
• Elk Detachment, 902 Main Street, Elkview, WV
• Sissonville Detachment, 6438 Sissonville Drive, Sissonville, WV
• St. Albans Detachment, 51 Underwood Avenue, St. Albans, WV
• Marion County Child Advocacy Center, 315 Fairmont Avenue, Fairmont, WV
• Stop the Hurt, Inc., 503 Broad Street, Welch, WV
• Mercer County DHHR Office
• Katz, Cantor and Perkins Law Firm, 307 Federal Street, Bluefield, WV
• Lindsey Optical, 310 Locust Street, Suite 6, Princeton, WV
• Sarah’s House, RR3, Box 3122, Keyser, WV
• Monongalia Co. Child Advocacy Center, 1266 Pineview Drive, Morgantown, WV
• Tri-County Child Advocacy Center, 503 Broad Street, Summersville, WV
• Harmony House, 2000 Eoff Street, Wheeling, WV
• Putnam County DHHR Office
• Mission West Virginia, Inc., 168 Midland Trail, Suite 1, Hurricane, WV 25526
• Just for Kids, 106 McCreery Street, Beckley, WV
• Randolph County Child Advocacy Center, 313 Henry Avenue, Elkins, WV
• REACHH Family Resource Center, 411 Temple Street, Hinton, WV
• Upshur County Child Advocacy Center, 26 N Kanawha Street, Buckhannon, WV
• Kenova Police Department, 1501 Pine Street, Kenova, WV
• Wood County DHHR Office